Assistant Supervisor, Document Review and Data Entry
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Assistant Supervisor, Document Review and Data Entry
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 La Concha Lane in Houston, Texas 77054
TITLE/CODE: Assistant Supervisor, Data Entry
DEPARTMENT: Management Information Systems
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to Data Entry Manager-Position is responsible for assisting Supervisor in the coordination and supervision of all Donor Record Specialist responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Exercise working knowledge of all record review responsibilities to include requirements for Allogeneic, Apheresis and Special Procedure donations; also Donor Collection SOPs, job aids and forms that impact donor record documentation and donor eligibility.
- Exhibit knowledge of deferral codes and intervals; and familiarity with SafeTrace navigation within various subsystems.
- Exercise knowledge of document types from various departments and their scanning requirements. Assist and coordinate scanning projects.
- Generate and complete Supervisory Review of Quality Improvement Reports. Assist Manager with investigations and corrective actions of assigned departmental QIR’s.
- Assist with Customer Service update requests in absence of Manager and QC Coordinator.
- Assist Data Entry Manager and Supervisor with developing and maintaining SOP’s related to record review, imaging and data entry procedures.
- Assist Supervisor with training all new staff; initiate counseling of staff on performance problems and retraining when applicable: assist Manager and Supervisor with developing biennial assessments.
- Maintain weekly schedule to ensure adequate staffing in absence of Supervisor.
- Assess and review all closing duty reports and duplicate donor batch job reports.
- Assist Product Assessment Specialist with corrections related to draw information
- Act as back up for Manager as needed.
- Demonstrate, practice and monitor cGMP compliance.
- Enforce TBC policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Directly supervises data entry and record reviewer employees in Management Informations Systems . Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School diploma required. Minimum of three (3) years Data Entry/Computer experience required. Must have at least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer literate; Microsoft office
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials.