Digital Marketing Videographer
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Digital Marketing Videographer
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 LaConcha Lane in Houston, Texas 77054
TITLE/CODE: Digital Marketing Videographer
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Creative Manager, the Digital Marketing Videographer is responsible for photography and video creation in the marketing department. Serves as videographer/photographer and editor in a variety of web, internal communications, and promotional capacities, with an emphasis on video for social media projects and online advertising. Works alongside graphic designer in a team-oriented environment to maintain a strong presence in The Blood Center’s video communications and digital photography.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Consults with client and subject matter experts to conceptualize and design video production needed to meet the business objectives of The Blood Center.
- Shoots a wide range of video productions determining lighting needs, shooting angle, white balance, set or location details, and sound levels.
- Proofs projects, edits final video, ensures consistency and quality of product, and delivers video production.
- Creates motion graphics, workflow standards and archival of all video assets and backup of all footage and final output.
- Maintains video equipment and researches new technical advances.
- Monitors and executes video for social media initiatives.
- Utilizes photography techniques, methods and equipment to capture images to tell a story.
- Conducts yearly photoshoot featuring donors, patients and volunteers.
- Processes, edit, enhances and archives digital photographs for use by the creative team.
- Works closely with creative team to develop a concept, then produces high-quality images to meet project needs and deadlines.
- Assists Digital Marketing Manager with video pre-production and scheduling projects.
- Secures internal approvals from management on projects.
- Ensures safe care to donors, patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Blood Center policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Upholds the integrity of the Commit for Life brand standards.
- Other duties as assigned
**IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD BE ABLE TO INCLUDE PORTFOLIO AND/OR A WEBSITE/LINK OF THEIR WORK TO REVIEW.**
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with industry standard graphics software and tools (e.g. Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Motion, DSLR cameras, lighting equipment and video conversion and codecs).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously for multiple internal clients while providing superior attention to detail.
- Multimedia production (shooting, editing and producing) experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of social media and a drive for creative multimedia projects preferred.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Commit for Life brand by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, business, computer science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience.
Safety – Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Attendance – Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Regular Hours – Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions) – Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays – Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Off-Site Work – Must be able to work at off-site locations occasionally and to transport self to same.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, the Digital Marketing Videographer must set the example for upholding the integrity of the Commit for Life brand standard. Videographer is also expected to keep up with design trends, receive creative direction from managers and directors, and successfully collaborate with the creative team. These requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability expected.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
Must meet standards of The Blood Center’s Vehicle Safety Program.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and professional journals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions/creative direction furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Demonstrate an appropriate level of emotional control and resilience, ability to work on own initiative.
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.