NDC Donor Support Associate - Westchase
Westchase Donor Center
NDC Donor Support Associate - Westchase
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
TITLE/CODE: NDC Donor Support Associate
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to Neighborhood Donor Center (NDC) Manager/designee, performs routine receptionist, data entry and donor recruitment duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Be the lead face of our CARE focused Customer Service for all donors and visitors to our Neighborhood Donor Centers (NDCs
- Greet donors, guide donors through the initial check-in process, reschedule donors for their next donation and then transition donors over to collections staff to begin the donor screening process.
- Actively recruit donors to donate the optimal procedure where their donation can be even more impactful for patients in need of blood.
- Educate donors about the donation process as well as demonstrate to them how the donation process can be expedited through CFL Express.
- Provide post-donation customer service to donors including snacks, drinks and a ‘Thank You’ for donating blood. Will also attempt to reschedule donors if not already performed.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, answering donor questions and route calls to appropriate personnel or departments.
- Enter donor data into computer database. Retrieve donor records as required from database.
- Provide potential donors with instructions on completing forms prior to the screening interview.
- Contact donors through phone calls when unexpected schedule changes occur.
- Provide administrative support functions for NDC.
- Perform periodic inventory counts to ensure NDC is sufficiently stocked with needed supplies.
- Order, distribute and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain all files in an orderly manner, updating when needed/directed.
- Compile and type statistical reports and prepare outgoing mail.
- Orient volunteers who are routinely on site to assist with the day to day operations of the NDC.
- Ensure all areas of the NDC are clean, organized and stocked with needed supplies.
- Perform routine Center walk throughs to ensure proper donor signage.
- Assist with the coordination of NDC events.
- Maintain confidentiality of all records in accordance with HIPPA requirements and adhere to GCRBC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A two-year certificate from an accredited college/technical school; minimum one-year administrative or related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, independently. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Type 50 wpm
Computer literate: Microsoft Office
Must have strong analytical skills.
Good interpersonal communication skills.
Good attention to detail, accuracy.
Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize own work.
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit or stoop; occasionally required to kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.