Operations Support Coordinator
Mobile Operations Center
Operations Support Coordinator
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
(9990 Fannin Street in Houston Texas 77045)
TITLE/CODE: Coordinator - Operations Support
DEPARTMENT: Donor Recruitment
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Position is primarily responsible for managing software product and providing operational support to Donor Recruitment and drive Coordinators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
· Manage and maintain Donor Recruitment software product. Provide troubleshooting for users and train new hires to use the product.
· Act as a liaison between Donor Recruitment and external telemarketing agency; maintain and communicate accurate information of mobile blood drives.
· Receive, screen and respond to internal and external calls pertaining to mobile blood drives and Neighborhood Donor Centers; resolve problems and reply to inquiries promptly.
· Responsible for BCET and BCBV promotional items processing.
· Generate donor mailing lists based on specified criteria for media drives.
· Generate reports and provide operational support to DR management, DR coordinators and drive coordinators.
· Work on new projects as assigned by DR management; prepare presentations and training manuals as needed.
· Evaluate DR Support current operational processes and recommend improvements.
· Schedule, update or cancel donor appointments for mobile blood drives and Neighborhood Donor Centers.
· Revise and update donor information in SafeTrace.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 32 hours per week or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma or GED; minimum six months related work experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, independently. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer literate: Microsoft Office, Hemasphere, Safetrace, Hematerra Products
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program in an effort to prevent bodily injury and for the health and safety of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.