Regional Mobile Phlebotomist
Blood Center of Brazos Valley
Regional Mobile Phlebotomist
Hours Per Week:
Monday - Saturday w/Rotational On-Call
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
Location: 1701 Rock Prairie Rd, College Station, TX 77845
Position Title: Regional Mobile Phlebotomist
Function Titles: Phlebotomist
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring phlebotomist who are patient, reliable, and demonstrates commitment towards customer service and donor satisfaction.
The Mobile Phlebotomist is responsible for the performance of routine work related to the set up/tear down or mobile sites and the screening, collection and hematroning of blood and blood products. Frequent contact with the donor public occurs requiring a high level of customer service.
This role is great for those who enjoy working with a diverse group of people in a variety of settings. As a phlebotomist you meet all types of people and utilize different phlebotomy techniques.
Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assists with the loading, unloading, set-up and tear down of equipment at mobile donor sites.
- Performs pre-donation screening, venipuncture, and post-venipuncture care of donors in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Accurately and legibly completes donor records in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates strong level of customer service skills and customer service focus.
- Identifies and addresses non-routine situation arising during phlebotomy procedures and reports them to supervisor.
- Attends and completes continuing education and training in phlebotomy procedures, instruments and equipment as required.
- Maintains acceptable level of proficiency in required phlebotomy procedures.
- Assists other staff members in maintaining smooth workflow and processes.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- High School Diploma or GED and six months of phlebotomy experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. (Associate degree from an accredited college or university is a plus.)
- Certificate of Phlebotomy strongly preferred
- EMT Certification or Licenses in a related field a plus
- Must has a valid Texas Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record according to Blood Center standards
- Routine—must obtain a CDL within 6-months of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions when loading and unloading equipment at mobile sites, toxic or caustic chemicals, and blood and/or blood components, as well as other bio-hazardous material. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job duties involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood with a risk of exposure to Hepatitis and HIV.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation, or Executive Order.