Talent Acquisition Specialist
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 LaConcha Lane in Houston Texas 77054
TITLE/CODE: Talent Acquisition Specialist/RECHR
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The position is responsible for sourcing, screening, assessing and hiring qualified applicants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
· Attract, source and assess qualified applicants by conducting recruitment activities through internal and external channels to ensure timely filling of open positions.
· Maintain candidate pools and talent pipelines, sources candidates directly in the marketplace and develops candidate pools within their respective market streams.
· Provide support and consultation and maintain frequent pro-active communication with internal departments as to their open positions.
· Interview and/or schedule interviews for qualified applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements and suitability.
· Update candidates on status as need.
· Make conditional job offers and communicate post-offer pre-employment activities with the selected applicant.
· Accountable for the compliance and document tracking requirements as per compliance audits.
· Assist with outreach to recruiting sources such as job fairs, colleges, etc.
· Monitor efficiency/effectiveness of recruiting efforts and be able to report on the metrics for same.
· Monitor and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements related to employee recruitment/hiring.
· Ensure maintenance of data in applicant tracking software for reporting and regulatory purposes.
· Maintain knowledge of current trends, competitors and general recruiting intelligence.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
S UPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; plus a minimum of three years previous job-related experience with full-cycle recruiting in a healthcare or corporate business environment. Proven track record of excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with heavy focus on customer service. Prefer experience with passive and social media recruiting such as LinkedIn and Facebook. Experience with assessment tools and Taleo Applicant Tracking software is a plus. Experience with high volume ramp ups.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, independently. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
PC Literate (Microsoft Office and Applicant Tracking Software)
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in this job is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.