Assistant Manager, Human Resources - Compensation
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, TX 77045
Position Title: Assistant Manager, Human Resources - Compensation
Join our team of heroes!
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center has an exciting opening for an Assistant Manager, Human Resources-Compensation!
Reporting to the SR Manager Human Resources, the principal function is to provide support across the full range of human resources functions. The work is performed under the supervision of the HR Manager. The nature of the work performed requires the ability to maintain effective working relationships with other functional leaders throughout the organization. Responsible for special projects requiring data analytics, trending analysis needed to support strategic compensation recommendations and detailed compensation analysis.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you will:
- Assists with managing the design and implementation of employee recruitment and selection programs, including outreach recruitment, development of recruitment materials, screening of applicants for qualifications, design and administration of job-related selection procedures.
- Researches and analyzes competitive compensation practices in the job market
- Contributes and participates in surveys including analyzing the data and market pricing new and existing jobs.
- Conducts job classification audits to ensure FLSA Compliance.
- Works with HR Business Partners, SR HR Manager to assist in client management organizational structure and job design.
- Familiar with compensation software tools and technology platforms.
- Maintains and updates compensation databases and the job description web site; consults with SR HR Manager.
- Reviews and oversees the career ladder process among assigned constituencies to ensure
- Ensures recruitment strategies and marketing materials are customized to meet hiring managers expectations.
- Conducts job audits and analysis for evaluation, position classification, and minimal physical requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to apply compensation principles and concepts to identify compensation compression trends and pay equity strategies.
- Assists SR Manager with employment actions, disciplinary, suspension and termination in accordance with HR Standards and practices,
- Conducts Employee Relations Investigations and ensures all federal, state and local compliance regulations are followed..
- Performs workforce planning and analyses monthly for CFO
- Collaborates with HR Team to develop and maintain vacancy reports, time to fill metrics to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of recruitment and retention strategies.
- Drafts and submit various reports to management regarding turnover trends.
- Enforces The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Related Feld
- 4-6 related HR experience
- Knowledge of the philosophy mission, leadership, and planning needs of the organization preferred.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.