Business Intelligence Analyst
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Business Intelligence Analyst
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
(Location: 1400 La Concha Lane in Houston, Texas 77045)
TITLE/CODE: Desktop Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Management Information Systems
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Responsible for performing the analysis, design, migration, operation, and testing of data warehouse as well as the software systems that produce the warehoused data and for defining processes and the systems requirements for supporting those processes .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Perform analysis during initial design and problem solving of assignments. Work with users to prioritize service/report requests and assign to the appropriate staff.
- Perform testing, tuning, installation, maintenance and evaluation of new releases of software as required.
- Develop and maintain ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) jobs and data cleansing used to manage the data and to maintain integrity for reporting.
- Design and develop new data structures to ensure consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure and dashboards and reports.
- Design and monitor end-user reporting tools and systems, ensuring reports are accurate and up-to-date and that data/reports meet users’ needs.
- Perform fact finding to develop and/or modify information systems or test plans as assigned.
- Develop program specifications including database design, program specifications and process flowcharts.
- Assist with user training/documentation/post-implementation turnover to business and application support personnel.
- Participate in testing/validation and implementation of various data warehouse system related functions.
- Perform data warehouse maintenance and systems implementation.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards applicable to assigned responsibilities.
- Enforce The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety and Health.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Must occasionally be able to work at off site locations and transport self to same.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience is required. Minimum of two years of experience with SQL and business intelligence reports, utilizing an Oracle or MS SQL Server database, preferably in a regulated environment. Prior experience with ETL tools, DTS, PL/SQL, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, database administration.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, independently. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.