Clinical Research Coordinator
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Clinical Research Coordinator
Hours Per Week:
8am to 5pm
Monday through Friday
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 La Concha Lane in Houston, Texas 77054
Position Title: Clinical Research Coordinator
Function Titles: Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Researcher, Cellular Life Coordinator
Join our team of heroes!
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center has an exciting opening for a Clinical Research Coordinator!
Reporting to the Cellular Life Solutions’ Director, and under direct supervision of Chief Medical Officer/Assoc. Vice President of Medical Services, the Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) serves to lead in the coordination, management and initiation of collection products involved in a client’s clinical research trial. This individual will be directly involved with vetting and evaluating potential clients, overseeing paperwork. They will also assist the investigating physician(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PIs) with the preparation of regulatory documents, planning, subject recruitment, enrollment, and study conduct for complex various protocols. The CRC will train and mentor health care personnel on protocols and ensure correct adherence under the direction of the PI. This includes both GCRBC institutional studies, client specific protocols/studies, and multi-institutional consortium-sponsored trials.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Work-life Balance: No on-call or weekend schedule.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Maintain working knowledge of the research process and the conduct of IRB approved research protocols.
- Follow and enforce ICH/GCP/GTP/GMP guidelines.
- Manage information gathering for vetting and evaluation of potential clients, budget preparation, and execution of appropriate protocol/study requirements for new client onboarding process
- Under the direction of Medical Director, conduct screening and interviews to evaluate patient and/or donor eligibility in study
- Prepares and participate in audits conducted by protocol personnel.
- Maintains the theoretical and procedural knowledge necessary to preform and interpret assigned procedures performed within the Laboratory.
- Respond promptly and accurately to customer complaints, inquiries, and requests for information, coordinate appropriate follow-up calls and/or appointments
- Maintain records for clinical study and regulatory documents.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Initiate project management charters as needed
- Assists with donor recruitment/scheduling as needed
- Assists with revision/creation of SOPs
- Perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. GCRBC reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Assist with oversight of IRB documents, notifications, updates and submissions
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) from an accredited college or university in Biology or Chemistry with a minimum of one-year related experience in clinical or research laboratory/clinical setting.
- Certification as a Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC or CCRP) preferred.
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient, donor or employee safety or security.
- Attention to detail, focus on accuracy.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.