Community Development Coordinator
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Community Development Coordinator
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 La Concha Lane in Houston, Texas 77054
TITLE/CODE: Community Development Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Marketing Department
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position is responsible for securing promotional partnerships, growing the media blood drive program, expanding community outreach and organizing events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. Duties and responsibilities to include:
· S ecure partnerships, sponsorships, and advertising for monthly promotions.
· Promote the Commit for Life programs and marketing initiatives.
· Grow Media Blood Drive program by working with media partners to strategize on the recruitment and marketing plan for each media drive.
· Provide data and metric reporting at the completion of each partnership, event, and/or promotion.
· Collaborate with Donor Recruitment to ensure events and promotions are handled properly.
· Communicate the details of each partnership and/or promotion with donor facing departments.
· Develop and expand relationships with community leaders.
· Actively attend community presentations, outreach meetings, and partnership events to i ncrease awareness and collaborative opportunities in the community.
· Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
· Organize special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events.
· Ensure the integrity of the corporate brand is maintained throughout all donor-facing marketing.
· Assist with on-site donor recruitment efforts.
· Adhere to guidelines, rules, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable to only non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Must be occasionally able to work at off-site locations and to either transport self or be transported to same.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Considerable knowledge of functions, activities, requirements, procedures, objectives and regulations of event planning and community engagement
· Ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with partners
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
· Must possess strong written and verbal skills; ability to address audiences ; bi-lingual is a plus
· Strong knowledge of local and state governmental issues as it relates to the impact on the blood banking industry, non-profit community involvement, donations, etc.
· Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing
· Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications from an accredited four-year college or university, or equivalent education and experience in marketing, communication, public relations or a related field. Preferred experience of 2-5 years within non-profit outreach activities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas Driver's License and acceptable driving record. Must have reliable transportation to transport self to various donor and group sites.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, independently. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to make decisions quickly on available information and to take action; to make commitments and not change decisions when challenged and to deal with emergencies when necessary; to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
GOAL SETTING/PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize objectives; start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency; use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions.
Ability to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to create new ideas; present information in an attention getting and interesting manner.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer Literate: Desktop Publishing, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Must be able to work irregular hours and days as needed, including some nights and weekends
Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Attention to detail, accuracy
Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize own work
Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
Personal Vehicle Driver (formerly Select Non-Consultant)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program in an effort to prevent bodily injury and for the health and safety of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.