Coordinator Building Maintenance
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Coordinator Building Maintenance
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Position Title: Coordinator – Building & Maintenance
Function Titles: Maintenance Supervisor
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a person who can lead a team and has technical abilities to identify problems and necessary maintenance. Has strong leadership skills and effective communication skills.
The Coordinator – Building & Maintenance is responsible for supervision/coordination of building maintenance activities and staff.
This role is great for those who Input behaviors here.
Just For You:
· Career advancement opportunities.
· Competitive compensation and benefits package.
· Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
· Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
· Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
· Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
· Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
· Coordinates repairs and upkeep of Blood Center buildings, facilities and related equipment with the Building Manager or designated department.
· Receives and processes work orders related to facility maintenance and repair.
· Performs Q.C. duties as required by governing agencies.
· Supervises and monitor the work schedule for Building Maintenance Section and assure proper distribution of hours and reduction of overtime.
· Enforces The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
· All duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
· High school Diploma or GED; a minimum of two years previous job-related experience required, preferably to include supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid Texas Driver's License (TDL) plus acceptable driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb and/or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program in an effort to prevent bodily injury and for the health and safety of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions and blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.