Development Specialist - Donor Recruitment
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
Location: 9990 Fannin Street, Houston Texas 77045
Position Title: Development Specialist, Donor Recruitment
DEPARTMENT: Donor Recruitment
Join our team of heroes!
Reporting to a Donor Recruitment Manager, and coordinating with assigned Account Managers and Account Coordinators, this position is responsible for procuring and recruiting new and inactive donor groups to exceed monthly and quarterly recruitment goals. Seeks opportunities to enhance the brand and mission to prospective donor groups and or organizations.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Work-life Balance: Monday to Friday, 7-4pm or 8-5pm.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Pitch the Commit for Life Group and Donor programs to new and existing donor groups.
- Review donor groups’ history and study data reports to efficiently grow their donor base.
- Leverage their exclusive access to lead management software to procure new groups and reactivate previous groups.
- Procure new donor groups by cold calling and networking in designated territories.
- Develop and implement a business development plan to engage new partnerships in assigned territories.
- Continuously pursue new leads to ensure they reach the buying sector of the Sales/Marketing cycle.
- Qualify the opportunity potential for new and reactivated groups.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on their team for various speaking engagements topics and recruitment practices.
- Guide Account Managers through initial planning session with a new group.
- Cover territories when there is an Account Manager/Coordinator vacancy in their team.
- Mentor new Account Coordinator(s) and Manager(s) and help advise them through managing their territory.
- Guide teammates through customer service opportunities and attend decisive meetings when necessary.
- Ensure collection goals are met monthly.
- Attend monthly sales and department meetings.
- Ensure donor groups are rebooked for future drives and forecasted accurately while working to increase blood drive frequency.
- Adhere to department guidelines, rules, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university;
- Three to five years related experience and/or training to include sales or marketing experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.