Diesel Mechanic (Sign-on Bonus)
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 9990 Fannin Street Houston, TX 77045
Position Title: Diesel Mechanic
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring results-oriented Diesel Mechanics to join our team.
The Diesel Mechanic performs preventive maintenance and repairs to Blood Center vehicles, specifically diesel and gas engines. This role will support the maintenance and repairs of local and regional vehicles and will require day travel. As a mechanic, your role is influential to the organization’s ability to host blood drives and ensure hospitals receive necessary blood products to save lives.
This role is great for those who enjoy using their talents to add value to critical operations.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 4 PM Schedule with Rotating on-call availability.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
In this role, you’ll:
- Perform preventive maintenance such as changing fluids and filters, brake rebuilding, tune-ups transmission service, tire rotation; perform repairs on vehicles such as electrical, brakes, cooling system, transmission, air conditioning, diesel engine, vehicle equipment repairs, etc.
- Manage local vendors within extended regions to locate and secure parts for swift repairs.
- Complete same-day travel to support diesel and gas vehicle repairs for regional operations.
- Drive and inspect vehicles on a routine basis to identify and resolve problems.
- Account for tools and supplies, making purchases as instructed.
- Maintain Vehicle Maintenance area and assist with special projects and reports upon request.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Minimum two years previous job-related diesel engine repair experience required.
- Valid Texas Driver's License plus an acceptable driving record. CDL must be obtained within 60 days of employment.
- Requires operation of equipment associated with vehicle repair.
- Must meet standards of The Blood Center’s Vehicle Safety Program.
- Completion of an automotive technical program or automotive maintenance program is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb and/or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; blood and/or blood components, as well as any other bio-hazard material; and vibration. Position requires frequent driving or moving of the fleet. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Industry titles: Fleet Mechanic, Diesel Engine Mechanic, Mobile Mechanic, Travel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Auto Mechanic, Automobile Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Diesel Mechanic, Passenger Vehicle Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Dealership Mechanic, Garage Mechanic, Bus Mechanic
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4229