Digital Marketing Strategist
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Digital Marketing Strategist
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
(Location: 1400 LaConcha Lane in Houston, Texas 77054)
TITLE/CODE: Digitial Marketing Strategist
DEPARTMENT: Marketing Department
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position is responsible for developing solutions to meet The Blood Centers’ brand objectives based on consumer insight and data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time. Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Plan and execute all SEO, paid search, social media, and display advertising campaigns
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Using measurement tools (e.g. Google Analytics) to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Builds and optimize ads on tools like Google Search Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Business Manager/Ads Manager
- Utilize Esri Software tools, such as ArcGIS to improve marketing results through mapping and location data and analytics
- Day-to-day management of email campaigns including but not limited to content strategy and placement, advertising writing and editing, testing templates, structuring A/B experiments, scheduling deliveries, and reporting on results
- Analyze ongoing social media initiatives, measuring the effectiveness and reporting on results with clear, actionable insights
- Analyze competitors and potential partners to identify opportunities for outreach/link-building
- Manage online business directories including Google My Business and Yelp
- Writes communications briefs, ensuring that creative and media are effectively integrated
- Updates the company website and intranet page
- Follow and stay on top of industry best practices from Google, Yahoo!, Bing, Facebook, etc.
- Ensure the integrity of the corporate brand is maintained throughout all donor-facing marketing
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable to only non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Must occasionally be able to work at off-site locations and to either transport self or be transported to the same.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university or a minimum of two years related experience in marketing, communication, public relations, or a related field.
- Three to five years of full-time experience in digital marketing or advertising (digital experience required)
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Google AdWords certification
- Esri Software experience
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with partners
- Strong interest in technology or digital marketing
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas Driver's License and acceptable driving record. Must have reliable transportation to transport self to various donor and group sites.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence independently. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a wide variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to make decisions quickly on available information and to take action; to make commitments and not change decisions when challenged and to deal with emergencies when necessary; to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
GOAL SETTING/PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize objectives; start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency; use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions.
Ability to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to create new ideas; present information in an attention getting and interesting manner.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to work irregular hours and days as needed, including some nights and weekends
Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Attention to detail, accuracy
Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize own work
Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identi t y, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.