Director of Product Management
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Director of Product Management
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 LaConcha Lane in Houston Texas 77054
TITLE/CODE: Director Product Management
DEPARTMENT: Product Management-Hospital Svcs-Componeent Lab
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the VP of Operations (Business Development, Product Management, NDC's, and Regional Operations), the position is responsible for oversight of day-to-day operation of:
- Developing strategies and directing activities to maximize revenue
- Directing the production of blood and related distribution services
- Lead and create projects that increase productivity and distribution efficiencies.
- Direct and guide PMQA efficiencies
- Develop training to enhance staff development and job knowledge
- Communicate quality, customer service, and inventory metrics to customers
- Monitor shipment, pricing, and utilization trends for accuracy
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Identifies markets for existing/new products and services resulting in an expansion of client base and revenues.
- Develops or assists in the development of annual sales and marketing strategies, policies and marketing tools for products and services.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of sales budgets, and financial forecasts.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of staff, departmental, and capital budgets
- Establishes and meets overall blood product and related service client sales and marketing objectives.
- Provides leadership and direction to various departmental staff to enable The Blood Center to achieve its sales and revenue blood product and related services objectives.
- Direct and guide daily operations of Component Production and Hospital Services
- Develop reporting to identify annual sales of blood and related services
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date and detailed client records for Hospital and Component research clinets .
- Provides expertise and recommendations on setting fees for products and services.
- Identify metrics to ensure operational efficiencies and outcomes
- Create developmental programs to assist with departmental knowledge to expand services lines and customer service standards
- Advises the Executive team on industry changes of blood demands and services as needed.
- Advises management on sales-related concerns.
- Enforces The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center's sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Position indirectly supervises and directs the activities of individuals in departments responsible for sales of products and services throughout the organization. Strong collaboration and cooperation skills are necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 10 years experience in client services, sales or marketing management. A demonstrable track record of success is required. Familiarity and success with market research and planning is required. Experience as a proven closer is a must.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas driver's license and acceptable driving record. Must have reliable vehicle to transport self to clients (mileage reimbursed).
Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship with Management Teams; familiarity with management challenges in a highly regulated business environment; ability to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; create positive energy (motivation) in both individuals and groups; communicate with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport; influence the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction; exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives.
Strong presentation and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to clearly present information through the spoken word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances and to listen well; write clearly and effectively present ideas to document activities and to read and interpret a variety of written information.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to make decisions quickly on available information and to take action; to make commitments and not change decisions when challenged and to deal with emergencies when necessary; to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
GOAL SETTING/PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize objectives; start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency; use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions.
Ability to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to create new ideas; present information in an attention getting and interesting manner.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to develop and maintain thorough knowledge of The Blood Center's products and services.
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
Personal Vehicle Driver (formerly Select Consultant)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, or extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identi t y, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.