Donor Engagement Coordinator
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Donor Engagement Coordinator
Hours Per Week:
Monday - Friday
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, TX 77054
Titile : Donor Engagement Coordinator
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position is responsible for communicating marketing programs and ensuring the delivery of positive donor experiences in support of Commit for Life initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Manage the ‘reminder call’ process by pulling daily call lists, calling all donors regarding pending scheduled appointments and making the appropriate database entries to record call results.
- Exercise a high level of professionalism and confidentiality as well as offer professional sensitivity when engaging and communicating with internal and external customers.
- Create and update phone scripts as needed for specific calling campaigns.
- Accurately provide information about the importance of blood donations and marketing programs.
- Review and respond to comments and inquiries made on social media channels in a timely, friendly, and professional manner to educate and create positive connections with the community.
- Analyze and interpret reminder call results and social media feedback to identify behaviors and patterns that are likely to increase donor engagement and retention.
- Represent the voice of the donor and provide input into every core marketing initiative and process.
- Work with other members of the marketing team to ensure calls and social media responses complement and amplify all marketing initiatives.
- Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time. Help as needed with reports, events, and required paperwork.
- Understand, monitor and ensure effective execution of all Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center policies and procedures to support organizational goals and values.
- Adhere to state and federal guidelines and professionally support affirmative action, social responsibility and diversity initiatives.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Must be regularly able to work at off-site locations and to either transport self or be transported to the same.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of two years of customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous supervisory experience in a customer service setting desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Texas Driver's License and acceptable driving record. Must have reliable transportation to transport self to various donor and group sites.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to clearly present information through the spoken word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances and to listen well; write clearly and effectively present ideas to document activities and to read and interpret a variety of written information.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to make decisions quickly on available information and to take action; to make commitments and not change decisions when challenged and to deal with emergencies when necessary; to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
GOAL SETTING/PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize objectives; start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency; use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of the problem and evaluation of alternative solutions.
Ability to develop unique and novel solutions to problems; use intuition and a new way of thinking to create new ideas; present information in an attention-getting and interesting manner.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer Literate: Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Must be able to work irregular hours and days as needed, including some nights and weekends
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time, often under pressure
- Hard-working, detail-oriented and committed to producing great end-results
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team and is individually motivated
- Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Work with minimal supervision
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
Personal Vehicle Driver (formerly Select Non-Consultant)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to team lift any items in excess of 40 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.