Equipment Monitor I--Warehouse
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 9990 Fannin Street Houston, TX 77045
Position Title: Equipment Monitor
Function Titles: Order Puller, Warehouse Technician, Warehouse Clerk, Stocker, Porter, Inventory Clerk, Toolroom Clerk.
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a diligent Equipment Monitor to join our team.
Equipment Monitors are responsible for supporting mobile operations by loading, unloading, storing or delivering mobile supplies, equipment, materials, and vehicles. You will deliver supplies to mobile sites and facilities as necessary.
This role is great for those who are interested in early morning shifts and ensuring teams have the supplies necessary to support blood drives.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Early morning shift: 3 AM to 11:30 AM
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Determine equipment, materials, and supplies needed for each day based on mobile projections.
- Prioritize stocking of supplies, materials, and equipment to ensure optimal use.
- Load vans and coaches with supplies and equipment as required by the "Check Off" sheets, complete "Check Off" sheets and submit to supervisor when finished.
- Deliver supplies and equipment to Mobile sites and to facilities as necessary. Determine most efficient priority and delivery schedule.
- Assist with special events such as setting up collection equipment and drapes and mall drives, etc.
- Maintain neat and clean work area at all times.
- Determine if equipment is missing or needs repair and inform supervisor of problems with missing or broken equipment.
- Protect Blood Center property at all times from damages or loss while in our possession.
- Decides potential risk/hazard associated with equipment and property.
- Clean vehicles and equipment from time to time as needed.
- Maintain locked key box and log out all keys to drivers.
- Comply with all existing Blood Center policies and procedures including operating vehicles according to the VLCC. Additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Texas Driver's License (TDL) plus acceptable driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb and/or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4157