Human Resources Services Coordinator
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, TX 77045
Position Title: Human Resources Services Coordinator
Join our team of heroes!
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center has an exciting opening for a Human Resources Services Coordinator! The HR Services Coordinator assists the department in carrying out a variety of human resources programs and procedures in support of current and potential Blood Center employees. This role is responsible for reviewing and processing transactions from multiple sources. Duties will include assisting with processing inquiries regarding various employment types, updating organizational structure, and preparing sensitive outgoing communication to employees. This role holds the responsibility for the accuracy of incoming and outgoing information and ensures all applicant and employee information is processed, distributed and entered in HRIS system accurately. The position will also serve as back-up support for various employment functions.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you will:
- Assists department in carrying out a variety of human resources programs and procedures for all Blood Center employees.
- Performs routine filing, scanning, and archiving of records to ensure record retention compliance regarding status changes.
- Assists the HR Business Partner with recruiting and the onboarding, orientation process.
- Coordinates and verifies pre-employment background checks an annual motor vehicle record.
- Coordinates and schedules drug screens, physical, road tests and HPE.
- Maintains and coordinates various new hire processes such as E-Verify, I-9 compliance, notification to state registry,
- Updates and maintains Systems (HRIS) records, ensuring data accuracy through self-audits and reports.
- Coordinates, process and monitor vendor invoices with Business Operations with accurate coding.
- Coordinates meetings, events, and activities with the HR Department staff.
- Provides support for Talent Acquisition Team
- SME for Leave Administration, tracking, monitoring, communications, and reporting verification.
- Assists and provide backup support to HR Business Partners in routine candidate communications.
- Ability to handle confidential employee information in a timely manner.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Associate degree or equivalent plus 4 years’ experience in human resources administration.
- Strong work ethic with a great attitude.
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office, HRIS
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to diverse team members.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment.
- A high level of time management, accountability, and prioritization skills.
- Strong ability to influence desired outcomes by master relationship building.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Functional Titles: HR Coordinator, HR Administrator, FMLA Representative, Recruiting Assistant, Shared Services Coordinator