Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 La Concha Lane Houston, TX 77054
TITLE/CODE: LAN Administrator II
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the LAN Manager, this position is responsible for planning and deploying major service upgrades including front and back office components and for enterprise level support of hardware, software, operating systems, and network systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Develop specifications for purchase of new servers.
- Install and build network infrastructure as needed.
- Serve as Technical Lead for projects.
- Provide full support for Windows servers including hardware, operating system and network connectivity.
- Provide backup support for MS back office suite of services including Exchange, Virtualization, and Active Directory.
- Provide backup support with Data Protector backup and restore, SQL Server and web and mail filters.
- Develop required system documentation including installation and operations manuals.
- Provide back up support for Organizational Help Desk.
- Recommend areas for future automation and ideas that would promote cost savings, and/or more efficient computer performance or use, improved testing procedures, and/or enhance the software package.
- Train and assist PC Support analysts and users in daily activities as required.
- Develop and administer policies for standardizing selection of personal computers, software, and related hardware.
- Purchase personal computers, software and related hardware for all departments.
- Track and maintain disposition of all personal computer equipment including purchase, use and disposal.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all PC and LAN related activities.
- Assist with the Wide Area Network management and all the associated data communications issues at the facilities.
- Assist in repair of personal computers and associated equipment for all departments.
- Analyze software problems and write program corrections and modifications.
- Assist with maintaining wiring in network cabling closets and data center as needed.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Off Site Work
Must occasionally be able to work at off-site locations and transport self to same.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university plus at least five (5) years of experience with enterprise level support in a server and/or network support role or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires proficiency with Windows Active Directory, Windows Domain Controllers and Member Servers, Windows Operating Systems (Server and Desktop), MS Office suite including Visio, TCP/IP and the Internet. Command Line Interfaces (preferred),
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) preferred
Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA) preferred
Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM) preferred
Microsoft Certified Information Technologies Professional (MCITP) preferred
VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) preferred
Valid Texas Driver's License and acceptable driving record
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, independently. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to organize and coordinate multiple projects
Must demonstrate consistent attention to detail and accuracy
Must be able to work with minimal supervision
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
Personal Vehicle User (formerly Non driver)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and blood and/or blood components, as well as any other Biohazard material. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate .
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.