Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 LaConcha Lane in Houston, Texas 77054
TITLE/CODE: Marketing Manager / MGRM
DEPARTMENT: Commit for Life Department
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Reporting to the Director of Marketing this position is responsible for general management and implementation of The Blood Center’s marketing strategy to ensure the company’s goals are met. Works collaboratively to deliver a high level of technical and marketing data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
- Responsible for implementation of overall brand vision, objectives, strategy, planning processes, positioning, messaging, marketing mix and operational brand plan, to optimize new and existing donors.
- Creates brand awareness in our community.
- Use data analytics to assist in decision making and to measure outcome.
- Data mine, generate reports, identify trends, and analyze company marketing campaigns to measure program effectiveness.
- Reviews all printed and digital promotional materials prior to distribution
- Works closely with the web production team to coordinate publishing efforts and identify best practices.
- Designs and implements digital marketing strategies aligned with corporate strategies, including website, SEO/SEM, email, social media, texting and digital advertising.
- Create digital project timelines, monitor progress and prepare status reports.
- Collaborate with other departments to meet the marketing needs of that group.
- Monitor progress and prepare/submit performance reports.
- Oversee and ensure effectiveness of internal and external activities related to direct marketing to donors and clients.
- Develop and produce effective marketing collateral consistent with brand message within established time-frame.
- Manage all marketing program-related vendor relationships as required.
- Enforce The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center’s sole discretion.
Full time: must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such other days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekend and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Off Site Work
Must occasionally be able to work at off site locations and transport self to same.
Manages the marketing team including Graphic Designers, Videographer/Photographer, Editor, Social Media Coordinator, PR Coordinator, and production related Coordinators. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university in marketing, communications, public relations or a related field; and a minimum of three years related experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to clearly present information through the spoken word; influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances and to listen well; write clearly and effectively present ideas to document activities and to read and interpret a variety of written information.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer literate: Microsoft Office, flow-charting, database management.
Ability to develop high level end-user computer skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program in an effort to prevent bodily injury and for the health and safety of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identi t y, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.