Mechanic Assistant - Vehicle
Mobile Operations Center
Mechanic Assistant - Vehicle
Hours Per Week:
Mondays and Fridays - 6AM to 2PM; Tuesday to Thursday - 8AM to 4PM (No on-call or weekend)
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 9990 Fannin Street Houston, TX 77045
Position Title: Mechanic Assistant – Vehicle
Industry Titles: Assistant Mechanic, Assistant Gasoline Mechanic, Auto Mechanic Assistant, Automobile Assistant, Assistant Fleet Mechanic, Assistant Diesel Mechanic, Assistant Shop Mechanic, Mechanic in Training, Jr. Mechanic, Junior Mechanic, Mechanic Trainee, Entry Level
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a service-oriented Mechanic Assistant to join our team.
The Mechanic Assistant – Vehicles assists with preventive maintenance and minor repairs to Blood Center vehicles. This role supports cleanliness, fleet inspections, fleet maintenance and motor court areas. This role is influential to the organization’s ability to host blood drives and ensure hospitals receive necessary blood products to save lives.
This role is great for those who enjoy using their talents to add value to critical operations.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Monday to Friday, 6AM to 2PM; Tuesday to Thursday - 8AM to 4PM (No on-call or weekend)
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Perform fleet vehicle inspections and record fleet mileage weekly.
- Performs weekly parts inventory reconciliation; expedite shop parts for stock and inventory and receives and stocks parts, organize parts inventory.
- Deliver and pick up vehicles from outside vendors.
- Performs general service repairs under the supervision and direction of Vehicle Mechanics
- Performs oil changes assists with inspections
- Performs general brake repairs, tune-ups and safety inspections under supervision of Vehicle Mechanics
- Make ready new coaches and vehicles ready for service; make ready vehicles for auction. Clean the interior of all scheduled coaches daily; clean and organize shop
- Inspect gas pump conditions and record for documentation; inspect all bulk levels including diesel fuel, unleaded fuel, waste oil, coolant, transmission fluids, brake fluids.
- Inventories schedule/apply state license stickers on all vehicles; acquire vehicle state inspections.
- Assist mechanics and truck drivers on deliveries including motor oil, fuel, coolant waste oil and coolant. Arrange for proper disposal of waste parts.
- Performs various office functions required by supervisor (filing, computer entry).
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
- Maintain, repair, and clean special equipment.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- High school Diploma or GED; Completion of an automotive technology program or automotive maintenance program is preferred.
- Attention to detail.
- High-energy, fast-paced working environment capability.
- Valid Texas Driver's License plus an acceptable driving record.
- Can comply with The Blood Center’s Vehicle Safety Program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have manual dexterity in both arms and hands; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb and/or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; blood and/or blood components, as well as any other bio-hazard material; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.