MIS - Business Intelligence Analyst
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, Texas 77054
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Function Titles: Data Analyst
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a detail-oriented Business Intelligence Analyst who has effective interpersonal, listening and prestation skills, can work independently, and excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for performing the analysis, design, migration, operation, and testing of data warehouse as well as the software systems that produce the warehoused data and for defining processes and the systems requirements for supporting those processes.
This role is great for those who seek a fast-paced career, the opportunity to liaise and network, has the technical acumen to see the bigger picture, high organizational visibility and respect, chance to be change agents, gradual growth of communication and soft skills, and recognition of professional competence.
Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Perform analysis during initial design and problem solving of assignments. Work with users to prioritize service/report requests and assign to the appropriate staff.
- Perform testing, tuning, installation, maintenance and evaluation of new releases of software as required.
- Develop and maintain ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) jobs and data cleansing used to manage the data and to maintain integrity for reporting.
- Design and develop new data structures to ensure consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure and dashboards and reports.
- Design and monitor end-user reporting tools and systems, ensuring reports are accurate and up-to-date and that data/reports meet users’ needs.
- Perform fact finding to develop and/or modify information systems or test plans as assigned.
- Develop program specifications including database design, program specifications and process flowcharts.
- Assist with user training/documentation/post-implementation turnover to business and application support personnel.
- Participate in testing/validation and implementation of various data warehouse system related functions.
- Perform data warehouse maintenance and systems implementation.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards applicable to assigned responsibilities.
- Enforce The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety and Health.
- Additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of two years of experience with SQL and business intelligence reports, utilizing an Oracle or MS SQL Server database, preferably in a regulated environment.
- Prior experience with ETL tools, DTS, PL/SQL, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, database administration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to operate a computer and other office machinery and remain in a stationary position. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials. from current job description.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4137