MIS - LAN Administrator II
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, Texas 77054
Position Title: LAN Administrator II
Function Titles: MIS; Network Administrator
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a detail-oriented LAN Network Administrator II that can is responsible for planning and deploying major service upgrades including front and back office components and for enterprise level support of hardware, software, operating systems, and network systems.
The LAN Administrator II is responsible for enterprise-level support including Windows Server and all back-office components, File and Print shares, and network support.
This role is great for those who have enthusiasm, good interpersonal skills, and excellent team skills and solution oriented.
Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop specifications for purchase of new servers.
- Install and build network infrastructure as needed.
- Serve as Technical Lead for projects.
- Provide full support for Windows servers including hardware, operating system and network connectivity.
- Provide backup support for MS back-office suite of services including Exchange, Virtualization, and Active Directory.
- Provide backup support with Data Protector backup and restore, SQL Server and web and mail filters.
- Develop required system documentation including installation and operations manuals.
- Provide back up support for Organizational Help Desk.
- Recommend areas for future automation and ideas that would promote cost savings, and/or more efficient computer performance or use, improved testing procedures, and/or enhance the software package.
- Train and assist PC Support analysts and users in daily activities as required.
- Develop and administer policies for standardizing selection of personal computers, software, and related hardware.
- Purchase personal computers, software and related hardware for all departments.
- Track and maintain disposition of all personal computer equipment including purchase, use and disposal.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for all PC and LAN related activities.
- Assist with the Wide Area Network management and all the associated data communications issues at the facilities.
- Assist in repair of personal computers and associated equipment for all departments.
- Analyze software problems and write program corrections and modifications.
- Assist with maintaining wiring in network cabling closets and data center as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university plus at least five (5) years of experience with enterprise level support in a server and/or network support role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires proficiency with Windows Active Directory, Windows Domain Controllers and Member Servers, Windows Operating Systems (Server and Desktop), MS Office suite including Visio, TCP/IP and the Internet.
- Command Line Interfaces (preferred)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) preferred
- Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA) preferred
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM) preferred
- Microsoft Certified Information Technologies Professional (MCITP) preferred
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) preferred
- Valid Texas Driver's License and acceptable driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.