NDC Donor Support Associate - Champions
Champions Donor Center
NDC Donor Support Associate - Champions
Hours Per Week:
Sunday - Friday; Off Saturday
7:30am - 4:30pm
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location : Champions - 6935 FM 1960 West, Suite A, Houston, Texas 77069
Position Title: Donor Support Associate
Function Titles: Receptionist; Administrative Assistant
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring an exceptional, high energy, good-spirited receptionist for our donors and visitors to receive an exceptional experience every time.
The Donor Support Associate is responsible for performs routine receptionist, data entry and donor recruitment duties.
This role is great for those who will provide a positive and engaging experience with the donors by making the donor feel welcomed and value. Building a rapport and relationships that will encourage them to return frequently.
Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be the lead face of our CARE focused Customer Service for all donors and visitors to our Neighborhood Donor Centers (NDCs).
- Greet donors, guide donors through the initial check-in process, reschedule donors for their next donation and then transition donors over to collections staff to begin the donor screening process.
- Actively recruit donors to donate the optimal procedure where their donation can be even more impactful for patients in need of blood.
- Educate donors about the donation process as well as demonstrate to them how the donation process can be expedited through CFL Express.
- Provide post-donation customer service to donors including snacks, drinks and a ‘Thank You’ for donating blood. Will also attempt to reschedule donors if not already performed.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, answering donor questions and route calls to appropriate personnel or departments.
- Enter donor data into computer database. Retrieve donor records as required from database.
- Provide potential donors with instructions on completing forms prior to the screening interview.
- Contact donors through phone calls when unexpected schedule changes occur.
- Provide administrative support functions for NDC.
- Perform periodic inventory counts to ensure NDC is sufficiently stocked with needed supplies.
- Order, distribute and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Maintain all files in an orderly manner, updating when needed/directed.
- Compile and type statistical reports and prepare outgoing mail.
- Orient volunteers who are routinely on site to assist with the day-to-day operations of the NDC.
- Ensure all areas of the NDC are clean, organized and stocked with needed supplies.
- Perform routine Center walk throughs to ensure proper donor signage.
- Assist with the coordination of NDC events.
- Maintain confidentiality of all records in accordance with HIPPA requirements and adhere to GCRBC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Type 50 wpm
- Computer literate: Microsoft Office
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good attention to detail, accuracy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit or stoop; occasionally required to kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.