NDC Manager - Champions
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Position Title: Neighborhood Center Assistant Manager - Champions
Function Titles: Assistant Manager
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring dedicated and motivated individual who are interested in being an integral part of our team. To achieve our goals, we need passionate and talented professionals who want to make a difference in our communities to “Help Save Lives” and “Create Experiences That Inspire Others to Save Lives, Each and Every Day.”
The NDC Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in the supervision of staff and daily operation of donor collection facility.
This role is great for those who will provide a positive and engaging experience with the donors and employees by making them feel welcomed and value. Building a rapport and relationships that will encourage employee’s great customer service and donors to return frequently.
Just For You:
· Career advancement opportunities.
· Competitive compensation and benefits package.
· Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
· Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
· Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
· Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
· Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assist in the daily supervision of facility staff to ensure the safe and appropriate care of the donor population.
- Act as NDC Manager in the absence of same.
- Perform pre-donation screening, venipuncture, and post venipuncture care of donors in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, accurate, legible completion of donor records in a timely manner.
- Review donor records to ensure accuracy and completeness. Accurately and legibly completes donor records in a timely manner.
- Analyze data relating to quality improvement, procedures and products; recommends improvements.
- Assist in orienting and training other staff members.
- Identifies and addresses non-routine situation arising during phlebotomy and apheresis procedures. Implements corrective action where appropriate.
- Attend and completes continuing education and training in apheresis procedures, instruments and equipment as required.
- Maintains acceptable level of proficiency in required phlebotomy and apheresis procedures.
- Actively recruits donors.
- Enforce The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
- Additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- High school Diploma or GED
- 2 years in the medical field
- Customer Service
- Certificate of Phlebotomy
- EMT Certification or Associate Degree in a related field strongly preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Progr4am. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard material. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job duties involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood with a risk of exposure to Hepatitis and HIV.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4079