NDTS and CT Client Support Coordinator
Blood Center Headquarters (La Concha)
NDTS and CT Client Support Coordinator
Hours Per Week:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
(Location: 1400 LaConcha Lane in Houston Texas 77054)
TITLE/CODE: NDTS and CT Client Support Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: NATIONAL DONOR TESTING SERVICES
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY Reporting to the Director of NDTS and Clinical Trials, the position will routinely support onboarding and maintenance of contracts for Testing, Clinical Trials (CTs), Sample Procurement and Commercial Donor clients. Strong follow-through and customer service skills are necessary for frequent contact with internal and external customers. Attention to detail is critical to the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: other duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Commercial Donor Program (CDP), Sample Procurement (SP) and Clinical Trials (CTs)
- Assist with the negotiation, entering in MasterControl, routing and follow up of contracts for CDP, CTs and Procurement clients.
- Assist with recruiting, scheduling, donor remuneration, product shipment, tracking, generation of manufacturer invoices and payment monitoring for CDP, CT and SP.
- Assist with sample procurement order management and shipments as necessary.
National Donor Testing Services Laboratory (NDTS)
- Assist with entering in MasterControl, routing and follow up of contracts for NDTS clients
- Manage activities required to introduce and maintain NDTS clients and act as initial contact for client operational support.
- Triage client calls/e-mails to appropriate Manager if assistance with client inquiries is necessary.
- Accurately enter data and maintain a database to log all NDTS client operational questions, concerns/complaints, NDTS and client corrective actions, etc.
- Assist NDTS and Processing Manager with communications with MIS about client creation in computer system and arrange for specific test result configurations and Your Lab notifications.
- Assist with processing and tracking client requests and samples per established guidelines.
- Perform computer searches, matches, verifications and printouts as assigned and identify possible tube errors through use of computer assisted programs.
- Respond to NDTS client daily inquiries about test completion and result reporting.
- Working with Materials Management, ensure clients using our shipping and packing materials maintain adequate supply levels. Manage return of client shipping containers on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- Act as liaison with relevant departments to coordinate activities associated with specimen pick-up/shipment, confirmation testing, research, etc.
All Departments, Including Director
- Compile and report statistical data pertaining to NDTS, SP, CTs, CDP as requested.
- Assist with creating reports and graphs, PowerPoint slides. This data that will be presented to the Executives, Directors and other appropriate individuals on a monthly basis.
- Assist with SOP and training document revisions and entry into MasterControl for Managers and other documents requested by the Director.
- Maintain a log of all customer calls including reason for call and date of incident occurrence, individuals/department involved, resolution and documentation of follow-up with client.
- Exercise a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others. Must comply with all applicable safety rules and policies and be willing to report actual and potential safety violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in The Blood Center's sole discretion.
Full time: Must be regularly available to work at least 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, or such days or hours per week as The Blood Center determines are necessary to meet business needs.
Overtime or additional hours (applicable only to non-exempt positions)
Must be available and willing to work such overtime or additional hours per day or per week as The Blood Center determines is necessary or desirable to meet business needs.
Weekends and Holidays
Must be available and willing to work such weekends and holidays as The Blood Center determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Requirements include Associate Degree from an accredited university, college/technical school and a minimum two years’ experience in a clinical laboratory, blood bank, contracts and/or customer service or related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Familiarity with IRB guidelines and previous experience with inspection preparation is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to read and interpret documents such as laboratory operations and safety, operating and maintenance instructions, and standard operating procedures. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and clients.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute percentages and volumes.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must be able to
Must be able to exercise sufficient judgment to determine when to involve supervisor or manager for variances or problems.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer literate in Microsoft Office
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk; occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and\or move up to 15 lbs. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program in an effort to prevent bodily injury and for the health and safety of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to blood and blood components as well as other biohazardous materials, moving mechanical parts and extreme cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job duties involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood with a risk of exposure to Hepatitis and HIV.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.