Nurse Manager of Medical Apheresis
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Locations: 1400 La Concha in Houston, Texas 77054 and travel to 3091 College Park Dr., Suite 130, The Woodlands, TX 77384
**** New Post ****
Position Title: Nurse Manager of Medical Apheresis
Join our team of heroes!
Are you seeking work-life balance while advancing in your career? We are hiring a diligent and care-first Medical Apheresis Nurse Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Cellular Life Solutions Director, the position is responsible for specified clinical services, including apheresis procedures and collections (including collection of Peripheral Blood Stem Cells) and consultation as needed of a community-based transfusion safety program. This includes both GCRBC institutional studies, client-specific protocols/studies, and multi-institutional consortium-sponsored trials.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Work-life Balance: No on-call or weekend schedule. Day shift opportunity.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking and easy access to freeway.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you will:
- Coordinates medical apheresis and assists with transfusion safety activities with key personnel in The Blood Center and physician offices.
- Performs apheresis and therapeutic apheresis procedures, including peripheral blood stem cell collections.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates the work of staff assigned to the Medical Apheresis Program, including assigning and reviewing goals and performance. Models expected behaviors and customer service standards as well as ensure proper training and documentation of employees.
- Responsible for the training, education, and competency programs of the staff.
- Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Assesses plans and participates in the delivery of care for therapeutic treatments and stem cell collections, monitoring adherence to established policies, protocols and regulatory standards.
- Adheres to policies, procedures and standards within regulatory compliance, budgetary specifications, including time management, productivity, and accuracy of practice; ensures an adequate supply inventory.
- Maintains all records required by AABB, FDA, and other accrediting agency standards, including audit data forms.
- Enforce The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Graduated from an accredited School of Professional Nursing with current RN license in good standing.
- Minimum 3 years related clinical, transfusion service, supervisory or quality assurance experience and/or training.
- Current unrestricted Texas RN license or current unrestricted RN license from another state with the ability to acquire a Texas license within 90 days of hire.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of transfusion practices and related issues.
- Must be able to serve as a clinical resource for apheresis procedures.
- Excellent customer and interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize own work.
- Flexibility for handling a demanding, irregular schedule based on organizational needs.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite) and the ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Willingness to travel to and work from the Houston Medical Center area and The Woodlands, TX locations
- Prior project management or leadership experience preferred.
- Familiarity with automation, i.e. apheresis and/or dialysis is desirable.
- Experience with hematopoietic stem cell collections is desirable.
- Effective venipuncture skills along with a comprehensive knowledge of pathophysiology, hemo-dynamics, fluid and electrolyte balance are preferred.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you!
Function Titles: Registered Nurse, Infusion Therapy Nurse Manager, Dialysis Nurse Manager, Cellular Therapy Nurse Manager, Transfusion Nursing Manager, Oncology Nurse Manager, RN, RN Hematology, Staff Nurse Manager, Med/Surg Nurse Manager, Clinical Nursing Manager, Nursing Supervisor, Nursing Manager, Nurse Supervisor, Charge Nurse, Clinical Trials Nurse Manager
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4159