Operations Coordinator, Cellular Life Solutions
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 La Concha in Houston, Texas 77054
TITLE: Cellular Life Solutions (CLS) Operations Coordinator/CRDCLSOP
DEPARTMENT: Cellular Life Solutions (CLS)
Join our team of heroes!
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center has an exciting opening for an Operations Coordinator! The right candidate is outgoing and organized, enjoys meeting new people, and is service-centric. Reporting to the Cellular Life Solutions’ (CLS) Director, the CLS Operations Coordinator is responsible for managing and coordinating daily operations-related support activities for the CLS Apheresis Collection Center. This role is responsible for providing oversight of the administrative operations support for the CLS/nmdp Collection Center and the Clinical Research Coordinator. Additionally, this role supports the Director of CLS with preparation of CLS operational documents and reports, contract administration and renewal with direct oversight of new client intake and onboarding, client and research donor database management, and other special projects as it relates to cell and gene therapy and organizational initiatives.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Work-life Balance: Monday to Friday, 7-4pm or 8-5pm.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide direct support to CLS Director with monthly apheresis center collection volumes and capacity utilization updates for executive summary reports
- Manage and provide oversight and support of applicable donor recruitment and scheduling
- Oversee and manage CLS document management in CLS SharePoint site.
- Assist in performing document QA reviews
- Collaborate and support NMDP Donor & Collection Experience Specialist(s) with patient/donor scheduling, follow-up, change notification, and/or sample collection coordination and shipping (if applicable)
- Support and coordinate in the development and uploading into Master Control of client/customer and other operational contracts to ensure completion of contract awards, renewals and terminations
- Support and coordinate in the development, review, revision and uploading of Standard Operating Procedures and forms into Master Control
- Maintain CLS client/customer database
- Assist with recruiting of medical/research apheresis collection donors
- Assist with creation, oversight and review of CLS social media sites in collaboration with Marketing department
- Assist Clinical Research Coordinator with IRB approved study and protocol documentation
- Manage MNC(A) donor reward tracking, allocation, reimbursement and payment medical/research apheresis collections with Business Operations, NMDP, and all other applicable outside vendors/service providers
- Assist with receiving, accessioning, and shipping of medical/research study protocol samples (as needed)
- Coordinate reactive results reporting with Medical Services
- Triage calls and manage inventory for apheresis collection center via NetSuite application and onsite documentation
- Greet visitors and donors in a warm and professional manner and promote a strong customer service atmosphere
- Maintain proficiency in human subjects’ protection training, donor lookup, donor account creation/modification, and scheduling of potential donors via various GCRBC donor platforms
- Assist with entering continuing education and training documentation into learning management software
- Oversee record management and electronic record retention
- Maintains working knowledge of CLS operations, SOPs and applicable regulatory guidelines related to CLS
- Accept, track and record monetary contributions, as applicable
- Enforce The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health
We need someone who has:
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- One-year certificate from an accredited college/technical school with a minimum of three years of secretarial experience or related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of previous job-related experience or training to include direct experience in a regulated cGMP and cGTP environment.
- Human Subjects Protection Training Certification preferred
- Proficiency in computer software - Microsoft Office Suite, NetSuite preferred.
- Ability to Type 50 wpm. Good attention to detail, accuracy.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize own work.
- Healthcare experience is highly desirable.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.