Product Management - Associate Trainer (Internal Applicants Only)
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
***INTERNAL BLOOD CENTER EMPLOYEES***
Position Title: Associate Trainer
Function Titles: Trainer, Facilitator, Instructor, or Mentor
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a detailed oriented trainer that is confident, personable, great communicator, and great connector with new hires and current employees.
The Associate Trainer is responsible for providing and overseeing training development of Product Management staff and providing operation assistance.
This role is great for those who enjoys teaching, understanding learning needs of individuals and able to multi-task.
Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
· Maintain expertise in cross-departmental competencies to effectively train and develop new hires and incumbent Product Management staff.
· Train (or re-train) and assess incumbent staff on new or revised procedures across all shifts in the department.
· Perform new hire onboarding, training and 30-60-90 training schedules, including volunteers.
· Assist in completion of Annual Competency for Product Management staff.
· Plan and facilitate trainer meetings.
· Validate SOPs, training documents, etc. to ensure alignment with internal department processes and compliance measures.
· Participate in and perform departmental audits.
· Ensure correct LMS assignments.
· Provide operational support throughout Product Management as needed or required.
· Enforce The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
· Additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Minimum three years training and competency development work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Technical writing experience preferred. GCRBC Product Management Training preferred.
· Must have the ability to manage employee training files in an organized and detail-oriented manner.
· Must be able to pass a driving test.
· Valid Texas Driver's License (TDL) plus acceptable driving record
· Must meet standards of The Blood Center’s Vehicle Safety Program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but sometimes requires working at chemical plants, electrical plants, machine shops, where you may encounter chemicals, loud noises.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.