GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, TX 77054 - Onsite
Position Title: Project Manager
Join our team of heroes!
Reporting to the PMO Manager, this position is responsible for managing multiple related projects that span organizational divisions.
Just For You:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Career advancement.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you will:
- Manage multiple concurrent enterprise-wide projects of varying complexities in accordance with current procedures and methodology as assigned.
- Work with department leadership and stakeholders to document or develop project scope, goals, and deliverables, including project dependencies, project plans, budget proposals, communications plan, project timeline and milestones.
- Coordinate project team activities and interfaces with associated department personnel to include scheduling meeting times and locations, taking meeting minutes or notes, developing presentations.
- Conduct stage-gate activities that ensures meaningful review points with decision-makers.
- Identify stakeholders, document requirements and specifications associated with project assignments.
- Perform business analysis relevant to projects including but not limited to monitoring cost, schedules, performance, risks, and issues and report the status of ongoing projects to the PMO Manager and change control group.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Project Management, Business Administration, or Life Sciences.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience related to Project Management in a blood or tissue center or blood bank, or healthcare-related industry.
- The ability to interact professionally and politely with others.
- Working towards or eligible for Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) through Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Ability to work onsite.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work on a computer. The employee is also required to walk, use hands to finger, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program in an effort to prevent bodily injury and for the health and safety of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard material. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.