Refrigeration Tech II
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 9990 Fannin Street Houston, TX 77045
Position Title: Refrigeration Tech II
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring results-oriented Refrigeration Tech II to join our team.
The Refrigeration Tech II insures daily preventive maintenance, upkeep, and repair of refrigeration, air conditioning, and generator equipment and related systems at The Blood Center and satellite facilities. As a Refrigeration Tech, your role is influential to the organization’s ability to maintain and store necessary blood products to save lives.
This role is great for those who enjoy using their talents to add value to critical operations.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
In this role, you’ll:
- Routinely apply professional high-level skills in the diagnosing and repair of commercial refrigeration, air conditioning, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Maintain and repair all refrigerated laboratory equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: Ultra-Low Freezers, Freezers, Refrigerators, Walk-ins, Ice-Machines, Centrifuges, Water-Baths and Incubators.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date information database of all critical refrigerated laboratory equipment, and incubators.
- Inspect building daily for any problems in all refrigeration units.
- Replace refrigeration temperature recording charts on all units weekly.
- Check, maintain and monitor emergency generator and other essential equipment as prescribed to assure constant reliable service.
- Perform and/or respond to scheduled/unscheduled maintenance requests.
- Perform temperature alarm checks, repair and respond to equipment and temperature alarms.
- Prepare routine documentation and paperwork regarding Building Maintenance records or work orders to meet regulated compliance standards.
- Perform general building services related to office space.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- High school Diploma or GED
- Minimum two years in commercial air conditioning/refrigeration repair, as well as some type of electrical/mechanical background, a basic knowledge of painting, sheetrock, and minor carpentry.
- Valid Texas Driver's License plus an acceptable driving record.
- EPA refrigeration certificate upon employment
- EPA "Universal" refrigeration rating within 90 days of employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb and/or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program in an effort to prevent bodily injury and for the health and safety of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock; blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials; and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.