Regional Operations Driver - Part Time (Bryan College Station)
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Address: 1701 Rock Prairie Rd, College Station, TX 77845
Position Title: Regional Operations Driver – Part Time
Function Titles: Courier, Driver, Delivery Driver
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a a great driver, customer service oriented, good communication skills, honesty, and integrity, is flexible, self-dependent, reliability and time management skills.
The Regional Operations Driver is responsible for Transports/delivers by vehicle blood samples, blood and blood products and supplies.
This role is great for those who will ensure safety, is efficient and great with time management.
Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Deliver blood components to and pickup returns from designated locations, packing all units (tubes and records) to maintain required temperature range during transit ensuring every components’ highest quality while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Perform visual inspections and verify numbering, labeling and appearance of all units selected for delivery to ensure quality control standards are met.
- Place returned units on designated observation shelves, notifying supervisor or laboratory personnel of any abnormalities.
- Initiate and complete documents for consignment and return of blood components to designated locations, providing copies to appropriate personnel/hospitals.
- Transport supplies, mail, etc. to and from facilities.
- Construct shipping boxes, ice bags and complete waybills as needed/directed.
- Perform the Stoplight computer check on each consignment delivered to ensure proper, accurate, and adequate receipt of products.
- Maintain all assigned vehicles and equipment in a clean and safe operating manner.
- Perform quality assurance/quality control activities as assigned.
- All duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- High School Diploma or GED; No previous experience or training required.
- Valid Texas Driver's License (TDL) plus acceptable driving record
- Must meet standards of The Blood Center’s Vehicle Safety Program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without team lift assistance. Employee must occasionally push and/or pull up to 150 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with requirements as specified in the Safety Program in an effort to prevent bodily injury and for the health and safety of others. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job duties involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood with a risk of exposure to Hepatitis and HIV.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 4166