Security Safety Coordinator
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Position Title: Security Safety Coordinator
Function Titles: Security Supervisor
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a positive attitude, that is adaptable and flexible to work, good problem-solving skills, interpersonal skills, and detail oriented.
The Security Safety Coordinator is responsible for will oversee facility security to protect all company assets.
This role is great for those who dependable, effective communicator with a professional integrity.
Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement vehicle safety and physical security policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the vehicle safety and physical security programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security staff including security guards.
- Provides and/or implements security and security protocols for all assigned facilities and information systems.
- Takes proactive steps to provide a safe and secure working environment to staff and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Oversees the daily workflow, schedules, and assignments of security guards.
- Management of physical security incident logging
- Additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university; a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years Security Guard experience (Preferred)
- Level II Non-Commissioned Preferred
- CPR First Aid Certification a plus
- Texas Driver’s License
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time 2-3 hours.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job duties involved an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood with a risk of exposure to Hepatitis and HIV.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 4142