System Analyst Manager
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
System Analyst Manager
Hours Per Week:
Monday - Friday
8am - 5pm
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
1400 LaConcha | Houston, Texas 77054
Position Title: System Analysis Manager
Function Titles: Manager, IT Manager
Join our team of heroes!
Are you looking for more than a job? We are hiring a detail-oriented System Analysis Manager that has strong leadership and people skills, the ability to make decisions, and taking the initiative to help and teach.
The System Analysis Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of enterprise software and computer systems. Manages the implementation and maintenance of vendor software components, upgrades, release cycles, patches, software development updates. Coordinates the system integrations and administration processes.
This role is great for those who excellent verbal communication and the ability to convey information clearly and effectively, people person and strong leadership skills.
Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manages a team of Systems Analysts and Developers responsible for systems analyses for new and existing applications.
- Identifies, recommends, creates and executes business and technical plans, and revises as appropriate to meet changing business environment by conducting needs assessments and quality checks.
- Evaluates and assesses metrics and program effectiveness, reviews trends and monitors.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the organizational structure and programs to ensure success.
- Schedules and manages work of Systems Analyst Team Members.
- Ensures focus on customer service is always maintained and evident in processes.
- Provides technical and financial analyses as basis for budget and purchase requests and ensures project completion within budgetary constraints.
- Manages vendor relationships and uses external resources as required.
- Leads, develops, coaches’ subordinate staff, conducts performance management, participates in hiring decisions and administers company disciplinary actions.
- Monitors trends and identifies issues proactively, escalating to upper management where appropriate.
- Establishes, maintains and incorporates The Blood Center’s policies and procedures as applicable into MIS devices, applications and processes.
- Maintains documentation as needed to meet company and regulatory requirements.
- Enforces The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
- Additional duties as assigned.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in MIS, Computer Science, Life Sciences or related field.
- 10 years technical experience with a proven record of leading, managing, and implementing systems projects; experience supervising technical staff
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work on a computer. The employee is also required to walk, use hands to finger, or feel, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and/or blood components, as well as any other biohazard materials.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.