GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTER
Location: 9990 Fannin Street in Houston, Texas 77045
*** Only For Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center Current or Former Employees at this time***
Position Title: Trainer I
Join our team of heroes!
Are you ready to propel your career to the next level? As a Trainer I, you will be responsible for providing training to Donor Collections’ staff on all aspects of the collections process. Attention to detail, excellent communication as well as the ability to retain and share processes and procedures in support of compliance will be key.
The ideal candidate will have an undeniable passion and drive for employee and organizational success. Trainers are ambassadors for service quality, product integrity, professionalism, compliance, and the art of learning.
Just For You:
- Daily variety and ability to experience new sceneries.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Career advancement.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Following prepared curricula, conducting training classes in the classroom and in the field.
- Demonstrating knowledge of best practices in training concepts and procedures.
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role-playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos or lectures.
- Teach at least 2 sessions (Screening and Phlebotomy) independently.
- Assisting in the preparation of training materials.
- Conducting annual staff certification and administering competency assessments in CPR, First Aid and other areas as required.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of Donor Collections standard operating procedures and ensuring training material and delivery follow cGMPs and comply with all applicable regulations.
- Communicate with internal and external customers and responds to client concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide assessment, evaluation, monitoring and support of all aspects of the collection site (Mobiles/NDCs) as needed.
We need someone who has:
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university plus 3 years experience in the medical/training field and 3 years phlebotomy experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Valid Texas Driver’s License with one plus years driving experience and an acceptable driving record.
- Basic CardioLife Support Certificate (BCLS) or CPR Certification
- The ability to establish and maintain a positive rapport with employees, management and donors so as to provide the desired customer experience.
- The ability to motivate and engage others.
- Prior experience in adult education is highly desirable.
- Certification in Phlebotomy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety Program. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions when loading and unloading equipment at mobile sites, toxic or caustic chemicals, and blood and/or blood components, as well as other bio-hazardous material. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job duties involve an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood with a risk of exposure to Hepatitis and HIV.
Who We Are:
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed, and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650 employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships within the business community.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.
Function Titles: Trainer, Training Specialist, Phlebotomy Trainer, Phlebotomy Instructor, Mobile Phlebotomist, Travel Phlebotomist, Certified Phlebotomist, Phlebotomy Technician