Training Specialist - Donor Recruitment
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
Location: 9990 Fannin Street, Houston Texas 77045
Position Title: Training Specialist, Donor Recruitment
DEPARTMENT: Donor Recruitment
Join our team of heroes!
Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center has an exciting opening for Training Specialist! Reporting to the Donor Recruitment Operations Manager, this position is responsible for designing, delivering, and evaluating training programs for departmental staff including SOP development, implementation, and training.
JUST FOR YOU:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Texas Medical Center location with free parking.
- Work-life Balance: Monday to Friday, 7-4pm or 8-5pm.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.
Tips to thrive in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and Respect
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating desired experiences.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards, including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate training programs for departmental staff.
- Develop and conduct re-training classes for staff not meeting expectations.
- Train staff on systems and software used in Donor Recruitment.
- Manage onboarding and training process for all new hires.
- Provide continuing education and professional development training at Department and Sales meetings as requested.
- Creates and or purchase training procedures, guides and procedures in support of employee onboarding and ongoing development.
- Develop and evaluate and assess training materials on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate and develop Blood Center tour materials and content.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, assessments/results.
- Maintains knowledge of lates training trends specific to relationship management-sales.
- Maintain training records and annual competency exams for Donor Recruitment.
- Monitor the compliance of the department in regard to LMS training and Continuing Education.
- Write, develop, and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Donor Recruitment and perform Document reviews.
- Assist as needed in scheduled departmental events.
- Work with Donor Recruitment staff on special projects.
- Coordinate interviews for recruitment candidates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure training complies with current Good Manufacturing Practices, as outlined by the FDA and with AABB Standards so that the training accurately reflects the procedures and policies of The Blood Center.
- Enforce The Blood Center's policies on EEO, Affirmative Action and Safety/Health.
We need someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in education, organizational development, human resources or a similar field of study.
- Three to five years training experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Think you have what it takes to save lives with us? We want to hear from you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
The Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic testing results or any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute, regulation or Executive Order.